Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The First of Many

If you know me well, you know I love new things. Technology might anger me at random times but I love the challenge of learning new things. Being a blogger is a my new thing. I've been reading Beth Moore's blog at Living Proof's website and I am encouraged to the point of tears or laughter or both. I've been thinking about blogging and all the ramifications of writing a blog since I've been reading Beth's posts, so I decided to take the plunge today.

Years ago, maybe 15 years or so, God gave me a Godsend name. (If you watch Heroes, you recognize the term Godsend.) He told me this name would be for a ministry in the future. Therefore, over the years I tried to squeeze the name into every ministry I was involved in at the time. But, the name never seemed to fit. It didn't seem to fit a homeschool ministry, could fit a women's minstry but didn't seem to be the right time or right place and finally God didn't want to combine camping ministry with the name. I finally decided to give up! Wise of me, wasn't it?

Now years later, God says, "Write a blog!" and what name pops up-Forever Friends- my name of long ago! Not only does the name fit but when I am choosing a template to blog, I find the template Thisaway Rose. I'm blown away! Why? God told me to include a rose in the ministry's logo. How cool is God! Of course as I write this, I have tears streaming down my face. I'm grateful to serve a God who loves me and fulfills all my dreams and all His plans.

So here's hoping (in the Biblical sense of a certain hope), we become Forever Friends. Looking forward to a lifetime of posting and sharing.

9 comments:

Karen said...

You GO girl!!! God does indeed continue to thrill us (and challenge us) through this wonderful walk with Him. I look forward to being a "Forever Friends" groupie. Smellin' the roses, Karen V.

ChristieBelle said...

FOREVER FRIENDS is a very sweet name. And I adore roses! :)

Mrs. Glenda said...

I DO remember years back when you said that you knew God had a ministry for you, but that you figured it would probably be after all the homeschooling was over. How great is our God!!! He gave it to you before. I can picture you now sitting at the computer with those tears falling! Thank you for allowing us to be a special part with you, my forever friend!!

Faith said...

Very cool Mom :) Looking forward to your future blogs! Don't stop writing!

5MooreMinutes said...

Mischia, You are such the Woman! I am so blessed to know you. God is so good. I love you and am so thankful for you!

Anonymous said...

...There are people who could use a Forever Friend.

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

yay! you're in "the world" of blogging! :o) looking forward to it!

nicole wilson
livingmercy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i love you mischia!

Allison said...

Welcome to the blog world Mischia!! Look forward to reading more of your inspiring blog posts!!