Thursday, October 11, 2007

Poisoned Trees

Yesterday, I see on one of my Facebook friends that she is "...lying in the shade of poisoned trees." Now, granted she is 20 years old and in college but I think ,I know this is probably not a literal lying but is she in trouble or sad or just being really dramatic! So, what does a mother figure do? She messages her about the lying thing. Today, my sweet, young friend messages back to say, "LOL, no, this is the title of the new Dashboard Confessional's CD. Now, I know who Dashboard Confessional is but I had no idea this was a new CD. No matter how I try to keep up with things, the world changes way too fast for me. However, my young friends are so kind to put up with my lame comments and lack of knowledge.

Maybe, I should say something about riding in a Yellow Submarine or I'm jumping on Grandma's feather bed. Do you think they would understand what songs I was referring to by my comments?

How about you? What thing change too fast for you? Or does the world seem to stand still for you?

(You would be pleased to know, in only 10 minutes, I figured our how to hide the link above!)

Looking forward to hearing about the changes in your world!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurrah for Rich Mullins! ;)

Faith said...

That's funny, mom. Glad you were able to learn how to create a hyper-link. :)

Danielle said...

In regard to how things are changing to quickly... For me it is watching my children grow (5,7) while watching my parents grow old. It makes me so sad to observe these changes. My children are growing up before my eyes! Stranger still, is observing my parents "new routines" with all the new struggles and limitations that come with aging. I find such comfort in God's grace but the challenge remains...being a parent to my children and a caregiver to my parents.

Mrs. Glenda said...

Beth wants to get on...I'll let her send you her e-mail address. CHANGES...leaves are changing daily up here in West Jefferson, Jordan got married, Daddy's stroke, Mawmaw's broken shoulder...wow. My best change will be Daddy's Homegoing!!! Love ya,

ChristieBelle said...

:) Nice post.

I knew the yellow submarine reference, but jumping on Grandma's feather bed? Not a clue. ;)

I think the change in other people's lives happens too fast for me. All of our lives are changing, and change is good, but it seems I am inclined to think I am slowly "loosing" someone when I can't keep up or in touch with them. This is something I have gotten better at, though, and learned a lot from.